Friday, January 20, 2012

One Week Down...Two to go!

...and then of course there is the rest of my life! ;-)

I can't believe I have been doing this for a week already! Day two was a little rough for me mentally, being around my sewing group in a social setting and eating different...However, they are all very supportive and that helps a TON!


I got on the scale this morning, and I was down 10 lbs!! My goal was to loose 55 lbs this year, and I am very excited about this! I haven't started running again yet, but that will happen in the next week at some point, so that will help too!

The biggest thing is BEING PREPARED! Be prepared for being in town longer than you though and have healthy snacks on hand. I have kept a bag in the car when we go to town that has great alternatives for us to snack on! I also keep extra supplements/vitamins so that I don't get off track taking them. My kids have actually embraced the different eating style and have been eating more salads, yogurt and drinking water and juice vs. soda.



Speaking of soda, we are going to be a no caffeine family from now on, and I told the kids the only soda that I would buy would be A&W Root Beer (did you know that some root beers have caffeine?), and Sprite... Then it was brought to my attention that Sierra Mist is the only drink of it's kind (7 up, Sprite, etc...) that does NOT use high fructose corn syrup! It is much 'lighter' tasting, but is still sweet (it uses real sugar), and fizzy! We have been very happy with the change! Try it out and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally impressed and a little envious. I hope to start eating healthier again. I've hit that middle-aged spread I've heard so much about. It isn't an urban legend. It's for ReEaAL!! Gah!
    I take B vitamins to help with energy, I love stir fry veggies and could incorporate them into every meal if dh didn't hate it so much. :) I'm counting on you for inspiration so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete